2 Kings (aka IV Kings)
This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of 2 Kings with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Kings for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Kings:
The Book of 2 Kings
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
2 Kings: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of 2 Kings - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of 2 Kings according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview and summary of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- Summary of 2 Kings:
- 2 Kings is book number 12 of the Catholic Bible and grouped with the Books referred to as the Historical Books. It contains 25 chapters.
- Bible Scriptures from 1 Kings and 2 Kings are called by the Hebrews the books of Samuel, because they contain the history of Samuel, and of the two kings, Saul and David, whom he anointed
- Who wrote the Book of Kings 1? It is uncertain but the common opinion is that Samuel composed the first book, as far as the twenty-fifth chapter; and that the prophets Nathan and Gad finished the first, and wrote the second book. See 1 Chronicles 29:29
- When was the Book of Kings written? The date of its composition is believed to be from B.C. 561 to B.C. 538
- The two books of Kings formed originally one book in the Hebrew Scriptures.
- They cover the period of about 450 years from the reign of Solomon till the conquest of the kingdom by Nebuchadnezzar and the Babylonians between the 10th and 6th centuries BC.
Short Summary of 2 Kings - The Bible Stories of 2 Kings taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of 2 Kings taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in 2 Kings together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of 2 Kings from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in this summary of 2 Kings
- The divided kingdom - Judah and Israel
- The descendants of Solomon take the throne
- The story of Jezebel: Jezebel was a Phoenician princess, the daughter of Ethbaal who was King of the Phoenicians.
Jezebel became the wife of Ahab, the King of north Israel. Ahab and Jezebel allow temples of Baal in Israel
- A prophet called Elijah performs miracles but is persecuted by Ahab
- Elijah defeats the king's false prophets by calling down fire from heaven.
- Elijah is taken up to heaven by God and Elisha takes over and performs miracles.
- The prophet Elisha arranges to anoint Jehu as king in order to overthrow the family of Ahab and Jezebel is killed
- The Israelites are captured by Babylon and their temple is destroyed.
- The tribes of Israel are completely deported to other regions of the Assyrian empire, becoming the Lost Ten Tribes
- The land is attacked by Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonian king
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in 2 Kings
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of 2 Kings. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of 2 Kings is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Book of 2 Kings
We hope that you find the complete content of the 2 Kings helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of 2 Kings. The Book of 2 Kings offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of 2 Kings: