This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of 2 Thessalonians with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians:
The Book of 2 Thessalonians
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
2 Thessalonians: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of 2 Thessalonians - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of 2 Thessalonians according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- 2 Thessalonians is book number 14 of the New Testament. It contains 3 chapters
- 2 Thessalonians was a letter (Epistle) written to the people of Thessalonica by
- The Epistles were letters of instruction and doctrine by Peter, Paul, John and others to the early, newly established churches
People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of 2 Thessalonians taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of 2 Thessalonians taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in 2 Thessalonians together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of 2 Thessalonians from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- Thessalonica was the capital of Macedonia, in which Paul, having preached the Gospel, converted some Jews and a great number of the Gentiles: but the unbelieving Jews, envying his success, raised such a commotion against him that he, and his companion, Sylvanus were obliged to quit the city.
- Afterwards he went to Athens, where he heard that the converts in Thessalonica were under a severe persecution, ever since his departure; and lest they should lose their fortitude, he sent Timothy to strengthen and comfort them in their sufferings.
- Paul wrote this second Epistle to the Thessalonians in the nineteenth year after the Ascension
- In his second Epistle Paul admonishes the Thessalonians to be constant in the faith of Christ and not to be terrified by the insinuations of false teachers telling them that the day of judgment was near at hand, as there must come many signs and wonders before it.
- He bids them to hold firm the traditions received from him, whether by word, or by epistle, and shows them how they may be certain of his letters by the manner he writes.
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in 2 Thessalonians
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of 2 Thessalonians. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of 2 Thessalonians is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Book of 2 Thessalonians
We hope that you find the complete content of the 2 Thessalonians helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of 2 Thessalonians. The Book of 2 Thessalonians offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of 2 Thessalonians: