This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of Daniel with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of Daniel for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Daniel:
The Book of Daniel
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
Daniel: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of Daniel - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of Daniel according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- Daniel is book number 33 in the Old Testament of the Catholic Bible. It contains 12 chapters.
- Daniel was one of the four great prophets of the Bible, but unlike other prophets it is not said that God spoke directly to Daniel. Instead Daniel experienced dreams and visions.
- Bible Scriptures from Daniel consists of two distinct parts. The first part, consisting of the first six chapters, is chiefly historical
- The second part of the Book of Daniel consists of the remaining six chapters and is chiefly prophetical.
- Daniel was among the Jews who were taken captive into Babylon where rose to a high position in government.
- The content summary of the the Book of Daniel is follows:
- The first part details the period of the Captivity in Babylon
- The Prophetical Part consists of three visions and one lengthened prophetical communication.
People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of Daniel - The Bible Stories of Daniel taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Daniel taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Daniel together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Daniel from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in this summary of Daniel in the Lion's Den
- Daniel and three other young Israelite men named Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego are held as prisoners in Babylon
- They impress the King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon with their wisdom and he gives Daniel a role as a high ranking official
- Daniel impresses King Nebuchadnezzar again by interpreting his dreams
- King Nebuchadnezzar then orders his empire to worship a huge golden image
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refuse and are thrown into a furnace
- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego rescued from the furnace by God
- Other officials are jealous of Daniel and plot to have him removed. They persuade the king to decree that everyone must pray only to him.
- Daniel continues to pray to God and is thrown into the lion's den
- Daniel is rescued from the Lion's den by God
- God gives Daniel visions of the future.
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of Daniel. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Daniel is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Prophecies of Daniel
- He predicted when an anointed one would be rejected in Daniel 9:24-26
- He predicted foretold the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in Daniel 9:24-26
- He predicted the four great kingdoms in Daniel 2:32-33
The Book of Daniel
We hope that you find the complete content of the Daniel helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Daniel. The Book of Daniel offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of Daniel: