Haggai (aka Aggeus)
This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of Haggai with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of Haggai for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Haggai:
The Book of Haggai
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
Haggai: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of Haggai - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of Haggai according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- Haggai is book number 24 in the Old Testament of the Catholic Bible. It contains 2 chapters
- Who was Haggai? Haggai was one of the minor prophets and may have been one of the captives taken to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar. He returned from Babylon in the first year of the reign of King Cyrus.
- The prophecies of Haggai are regarding the rebuilding of the temple of Jerusalem after the Babylonian Captivity.
- He began his ministry about sixteen years after the return from Babylon and work on the temple was resumed after 15 years of neglect (because of the opposition of the Samaritans) through the efforts of Haggai and Zechariah
- He was the first of the three prophets (Zechariah, his contemporary, and Malachi, who was about one hundred years later)
- Haggai was commissioned by the Lord to assure the people that the second temple should be more glorious than the former, because the Messiah should honour it with his presence
- The content summary of the the Book of Haggai is as follows:
- Chapter 1 comprehends the first address and its effects (Haggai 1).
- Chapter 2 contains his prophecies
People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of Haggai - The Bible Stories of Haggai taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Haggai taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Haggai together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Haggai from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in this summary of Haggai
- The re-building of the temple in Jerusalem had not begun
- In the second year of Darius Hystaspes (520 B.C.) speaks against Zerubbabel the governor and Joshua the high priest
- Haggai then speaks to the people about their indifference to the rebuilding of the Temple which is in complete contrast to the care taken to ensure that their homes are comfortable
- Haggai warns them that drought and hard times will be the penalty for failing to re-build the temple
- The words of Haggai have the desired effect
- Haggai announces that Yahweh is with them and work on the Temple begins.
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in Haggai
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of Haggai. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Haggai is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Book of Haggai
We hope that you find the complete content of the Haggai helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Haggai. The Book of Haggai offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of Haggai: