Isaiah (aka Isaias)
This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of Isaiah with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of Isaiah for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Isaiah:
The Book of Isaiah
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
Isaiah: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of Isaiah - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of Isaiah according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- Isaiah is book number 27 in the Old Testament of the Catholic Bible. It contains 66 chapters.
- Who was Isaiah? Isaiah prophesied in the reigns of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah. He is called the evangelical prophet due to his numerous prophesies concerning the coming and character, the ministry and preaching and the sufferings and death of the Messiah.
- Isaiah, is called the great prophet by the Holy Ghost (Ecclesiastics 48.25,)
- Foretelling the coming of Christ, the mysteries of our redemption, the calling of the Gentiles, and the glorious establishment, and perpetual flourishing of the church of Christ
- He may seem to have been rather an evangelist than a prophet
- His very name is not without mystery; for Isaias in Hebrew signifies the salvation of the Lord, or Jesus is the
- He was, according to the tradition of the Hebrews, of the blood royal of the kings of Judah
- It is not known for certain when or how Isaiah died, but in a work called The Ascension of Isaiah it states that he was sawn in two with a wooden saw during the reign of Manasseh
People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of Isaiah - The Bible Stories of Isaiah taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Isaiah taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Isaiah together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Isaiah from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in this summary of Isaiah
- Isaiah ministered during the rule of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah about the coming judgement on the southern kingdom of Judah due to its great sinfulness and idolatry
- He prophesies the blessings Israel will enjoy if they repent
- He also prophesies the suffering they will endure if they do not
- The downfall of Babylon, Philistia, Moab, Damascus, Egypt and Samaria
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in Isaiah
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of Isaiah. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Isaiah is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Prophecies of Isaiah
The prophecies of Isaiah are as follows:
- He predicted that Babylon's kingdom would be permanently overthrown - Isaiah 13:19
- He predicted that the Messiah would perform miracles and save mankind - Isaiah 35:4-6
- He predicted that the Messiah would be preceded by a messenger - Isaiah 40:1-5,9
- He predicted that Babylon's gates would open for Cyrus - Isaiah 45:1
- He predicted that God's salvation would reach the ends of the earth - Isaiah 49:6
- He predicted that God will never forget the children of Israel - Isaiah 49:13-17
- He predicted that the Messiah would be rejected - Isaiah 53:1-3
- He predicted that God's servant would die for our sins - Isaiah 53:4-6
- He predicted that The Messiah would be silent before his accusers - Isaiah 53:7
Use this short summary information for a Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This overview, or summary, is also very useful for Sunday School lessons and Bible Study at home using reference to the Douay Catholic Bible.
The Book of Isaiah
We hope that you find the complete content of the Isaiah helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Isaiah. The Book of Isaiah offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of Isaiah: