This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of James with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of James for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of James:
The Book of James
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
James: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of James - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of James according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- James is book number 20 of the New Testament. It contains 5 chapters
- Who was James? James was a disciple of Jesus; brother of John; author of the Epistle of James in the New Testament
- The Epistles were letters of instruction and doctrine by Peter, Paul, John and others to the early, newly established churches
- This Epistle was written by the apostle St. James, called the Less, who was also called the brother of Jesus, being his kinsman (for cousins German with the Hebrews were called brothers)
- James was the first Bishop of Jerusalem.
- It was written a short time before his martyrdom, about twenty-eight years after the Ascension.
People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This summary of scriptural text is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
Short Summary of James - The Bible Stories of James taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of James taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in James together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of James from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- In this Epistle are set forth many precepts appertaining to faith and morals; particularly, that faith without good works will not save a man and that true wisdom is given only from above.
- In the fifth James publishes the sacrament of anointing the sick
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of James. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of James is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Book of James
We hope that you find the complete content of the James helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of James. The Book of James offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of James: