This section of the Catholic Bible contains the complete content of the Book of Philippians with numbers, chapters and text of individual verses from the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible. Free, online access to study passages and verses contained in the chapters and verses of the Book of Philippians for Bible Study or Sunday School lessons. Click the links to access the chapters and verses of the Book of Philippians:
The Book of Philippians
Douay Rheims Version of the online Catholic Bible
Chapters and Verses
Philippians: Chapter 1 >>>
Brief Overview of Philippians - The Douay Rheims Catholic Bible
The content of Philippians according to the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible scriptures contains a short overview and summary of the main subjects, people, events and ancient topics in the following summary of the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Scriptures:
- Summary of Philippians:
- Philippians is book number 11 of the New Testament. It contains 4 chapters
- Philippians was a letter (Epistle) written to the people of Philippi by Paul
- Philippi was a city in ancient Macedonia that was important in early Christianity
- The Epistles were letters of instruction and doctrine by Peter, Paul, John and others to the early, newly established churches
Short Summary of Philippians - The Bible Stories of Philippians taken from the Scriptures
A short summary of the Bible Stories of Philippians taken from the Scriptures. An overview of the main events and Biblical characters found in Philippians together with the famous Bible Stories and brief summary of the Book of Philippians from the Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible
- The Philippians were the first among the Macedonians converted to the faith
- They had a great veneration for Paul and supplied his wants when he was a prisoner in Rome, sending to him by Epaphroditus, by whom he sent this Epistle
- In his letter he recommends charity, unity and humility and warns them against false teachers, whom he calls dogs and enemies of the cross of Christ
- He also returns thanks for their benefactions
- It was written about twenty-nine years after the Ascension.
- The Biblical stories, plot, characters and events detailed in Philippians
The above summary details the Bible people and summary of important events which occur in the Douay Rheims version of the Catholic Bible scriptures of the Book of Philippians. People of the Roman Catholic faith can this useful short summary of these Bible Scriptures for an online Catholic Bible study course or biblical studies. This brief summary of Philippians is also very useful for Catholic Sunday School lessons and Roman Catholic Bible Study at home.
The Book of Philippians
We hope that you find the complete content of the Philippians helpful to your Bible studies and for references which allow you to read the books and individual verses of the Book of Philippians. The Book of Philippians offers free, online access to study passages, for Biblical studies, contained in the words, text and verses of the Roman Catholic scripture of the Douay Rheims Version of the Bible.
Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies
Online Catholic Bibles are an excellent resource, especially for online Bible study courses, but everyone appreciates their own Personal Catholic Bibles for Biblical Studies. There are numerous Catholic Bibles for sale and if you are looking to buy Catholic Bibles as gifts, or for taking Bible study courses, there are many to choose from including Childrens Catholic Bibles, Revised Standard Version (RSV) - Catholic Edition, New American Bibles or NAB, the Jerusalem Bibles and Douay Rheims Catholic Bibles. There are even large print Catholic Bibles and Family Catholic Bibles including some beautiful Children's Bibles. For additional help with Bible Study projects we highly recommend www.catholic-saints.info.
Click one of the following links to access the chapters and verses contained in the Douay Rheims Version of the Catholic Bible in the Book of Philippians: